Wheel Nuts Bike Shop
Our Mission: Happy Bikes, Happy Faces, Happy Butts, Happy Bodies, Happy Spirit.
JOIN OUR WEEKLY SHOP RIDE!
Great local bike shop with competitive prices and a friendly staff! In less than 48 hours Ron and his team had my bike ready for commuting, with new tires, a rack, lights, and bell! And they let me try out a couple styles of bags before committing to one! Thank you!!
Awesome place! Great service! Will always come back when in town! First time I stumbled in the shop was when I was riding the Mt. Vernon trail and needed a break adjustment. Got awesome service. So I asked if they fit for tri bikes. And they did! I made an appointment with Ron the owner. He was more than happy to accommodate me despite the short notice. He did a great job fine tuning my seat and giving my bike a look over before my tri the following morning. I was very happy with the service. I highly recommend the place and will come back to it if I am in the area as I am not local.
Had my first experience with Wheel Nuts today and couldn’t be happier. I’ve been bringing my bikes to bike shops for tune-ups for over 15 years and not once has a shop done a pre-inspection in front of me and told me that I just need a few things done and not the full tune-up. Most shops just take the bike and charge you for a full tune-up the honesty of this shop already stands out to me.
Warning: array_rand(): Array is empty in /home/wheelnut/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wd-facebook-feed/framework/WDFacebookFeed.php on line 601
["error","An access token is required to request this resource."]
Accomplishments and Accolades
- First and only bike shop on the East Coast awarded by any local government agency or conservation organization an Eco-Friendly Business of the Year Recognition (Alexandria City Hall)
- Best of City featured recognition on Comcast Cable
- Certificate of Merit-Army, Navy and Defense Information Agency
- SpokesWomen- “Top Shop”
- Voted “Best Shop in Alexandria” by the Alexandria Gazette Annual Reader’s Poll
- Ranked in top 5 bike shops for Value And Service by Washington Check Book Magazine
What we do for the community
- Helped start Velocity Co-op a non-profit bike shop in Alexandria
- Lead bike shop at Alexandria’s Bike to Work Day (two locations annually)
- Christ Church Bicycle Give away at Christmas time (build and safety checks)
- RE-CYCLE SANTA-our very own charity. Restore, repair donated bicycles for the local Boy’s and Girl’s club and for Alexandria’s less fortunate residents.
- Annual donations to dozens of schools, civic groups, non-profits advocacy groups and churches.
- Volunteer work with various bike clubs, bike advocacy groups with their annual events.